Saturday, September 24, 2011

Review: The Mephisto Covenant by Trinity Faegen

Synopsis:
Sasha is desperate to find out who murdered her father. When getting the answer means pledging her soul to Eryx, she unlocks a secret that puts her in grave danger—Sasha is Anabo, a daughter of Eve, and Eryx’s biggest threat.

A son of Hell, immortal, and bound to Earth forever, Jax looks for redemption in the Mephisto Covenant—God’s promise he will find peace in the love of an Anabo. After a thousand years, he’s finally found the girl he’s been searching for: Sasha.

With the threat of Eryx looming, Jax has to keep Sasha safe and win her over. But can he? Will Sasha love him and give up her mortal life?


Review:
I've seen some very mixed reviews for this book. It seems people either loved it or hated it. I personally fall into the 'loved it' category. This felt like such a guilty pleasure to read. If I could handpick all the things I love in a book, this is it. It's got a cool story, a smoking hot guy, love, and a lot of wonderfully, tasty angst.

Sasha and Jax have one of my favorite types of relationships. He's protective with just the right amount of jealousy and posessiveness(too much and he'd just be an unlikeable creeper). He gives her the freedom to choose what she wants to be and who she wants to be with, even if it kills him sometimes. Sasha is sweet, a little naive at times and strong in her own right. Seriously, I wanted to re-read almost every interaction that they had together. My only problem with Sasha was I wanted to tell her to stop thinking so much and kiss the dark haired, stubble-chinned, son of Hell right in front of her!

There were alot of stand out scenes that I 'eeked' over. There's one scene in particular that might be my favorite diatribe in any book. I won't give anything away, but Jax and Sasha are talking to Phoenix (one of Jax's brothers) about finding love and he goes off on this hilarious tangent. I think I read it no less than five times :-)

I am SO(oooooo) looking forward to the next book in this series. This author is now on my 'consume all things written by this person' list.

Publication Date: September 27, 2011
Genre: YA, Paranormal, Romance
Source: Thank you to Egmont USA and Netgalley!

3 comments:

TheReadingPenguin said...

This book certainly does seem to be inciting very polarized opinions! I need to read it to see for myself. Great review!

Anonymous said...

I've seen a lot of mixed reviews for this as well, but I think I want to read it! The cover is lovely, too.

brandileigh2003 said...

That sounds really good, I am requesting it now.