Thursday, February 2, 2012

Feature and Follow Friday 2/3

Feature & Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read. Head over to one of their blogs to find out how you can join in the following fun!


This week's question:
Define what characteristics your favorite books share. Do they all have a kickass heroine or is the hot love interest the Alpha Male?

Answer:
I don't want to sound too cliche, but I simply love a good love triangle. The key word in that sentence being 'good'. Scratch that. Love triangles must be great for me to like them. They have to be totally believeable and explainable (don't forget delectable), otherwise it just feels like the author is trying to ride the triangular bandwagon.


I also love a good alpha male as well . . . with a hint of possessiveness thrown in. But not abusive weirdo posessive. More of the I-sexily-don't-like-guys-edging-in-on-my-girl-and-I-will-protect-her-at-all-costs variety. I don't know that I've ever seen this achieved in an attractive way in real life, but I love it in my fiction!


What's your bookish fav?

3 comments:

Lauren B said...

Love your answer but personally I had enough teenage love angst when I was a teen so I don't really enjoy triangles.

Come and see my FF HOP if you have the time.

Sugar and Snark said...

Oh I agree, a love triangle should be done right!

The Muggle
-If you have a moment please nominate your favorite cover here.

Andrea @ The Overstuffed Bookcase said...

Yeah, I'm about done with love triangles but if they're done well I appreciate them!

I'm looking forward to reading more from you!

Andrea (New Follower) (My FF + Giveaway!)