Thursday, February 16, 2012

Review: The Duff by Kody Keplinger

Synopsis:
Seventeen-year-old Bianca Piper is cynical and loyal, and she doesn’t think she’s the prettiest of her friends by a long shot. She’s also way too smart to fall for the charms of man-slut and slimy school hottie Wesley Rush. In fact, Bianca hates him. And when he nicknames her “the Duff,” she throws her Coke in his face.

But things aren’t so great at home right now, and Bianca is desperate for a distraction. She ends up kissing Wesley. Worse, she likes it. Eager for escape, Bianca throws herself into a closeted enemies-with-benefits relationship with him.


Until it all goes horribly awry. It turns out Wesley isn’t such a bad listener, and his life is pretty screwed up, too. Suddenly Bianca realizes with absolute horror that she’s falling for the guy she thought she hated more than anyone.


Review:
Alright, this is another book that's just been hanging out in my giant tower of books for awhile. I've heard some amazing things about it such as, "Oh my gosh, that book is SO hot!" and "Holy crap, I loved that book!" and "Read that book before I punch you!". I've seriously heard most of those things :)

Well, this book really IS hot! And Holy Crap! I loved it too! I won't punch anybody into reading it...but it's seriuosly so great. The characters are pretty straightforward at the beginning. It isn't long before they undergo some huge transformations and it is all so gripping and un-put-downable.

Another strong point is that the side characters (friends and whatnot) are all nicely rounded and enjoyable whenever they're in the book. Not just fillers. I mean, I kind of knew where the book was going to take me, but I sure as heck didn't mind. I read this one crazy fast.

Did I mention it was hot? ;)


Publication Date: September 7, 2010
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary
Source: My own tower of books.

2 comments:

Giselle said...

You won't punch me? haha. I've had this on my TBR list for like a year it sounds like such a fun book! I really have to get to it. Great review Jackie!

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

Eesti said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.