Thursday, January 12, 2012

Feature and Follow Friday 1/13


Feature & Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read. Head over to one of their blogs to see how you can join in!


This week:
Many readers/bloggers are also big music fans. Tell us about a few of your favorite bands/singers that we should listen to in 2012.


Answer: I've only really developed a music taste in the last few years. Here are a few bands/songs that are played pretty heavily on my ipod.


Civil Twilight: Check out 'Letters From the Sky'
Katie Costello: Check out 'Stranger'
Blitzen Trapper: Check out 'Furr'
Fleet Foxes: Pick a song...all amazing
Bon Iver: Ditto
Deer Tick: Check out 'Baltimore Blues, No. 1'
Metric: Check out 'Help I'm Alive'
Mumford & Sons
Muse
Iron & Wine
Coldplay


Obviously this isn't stuff on my workout playlist (LMFAO, Kesha, Pitbull, Katie Perry, Lady GaGa, 3OH!3, etc.), but this is my 'listening to music' music. It inspires my writing and makes me feel good. I'm sure there are some other ones I forgot. Oh, like Adele, but everyone knows she's amazing. That's a given :-)


Who are you listening to?

9 comments:

Amber at The Musings of ALMYBNENR said...

I've heard of the last few, but the majority I'm unfamiliar with. Now you're workout list on the other hand....lol!

Have a fantastic weekend!

Amber
The Musings of ALMYBNENR

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. I love Blitzen Trapper. Furr is an incredible song. Great taste in music!
My Hop

The Nocturnal Library said...

Old follower, just stopping by to say hello.
I love Muse so much! Great choices.

Here's our #FF post

Maja @ The Nocturnal Library

Kristen said...

Haven't heard of a lot of them, definitely have to check them out! New follower, Here's mine!

Jessi E. said...

It seems I have no music taste EXCEPT for my workout playlist... Although I know that when I seriously need a writing playlist, some songs/artists like the ones you mentioned above will be some of the ones I turn to.

Farhana said...

Haha yeah Mumford and Sons are amazing, especially Little Lion Man and of course as you so rightly said I love Adele!

Awesome post, new follower:D

Fran
BookChowDown

Aeicha @ Word Spelunking said...

Yay for Bon Iver and Mumford & Sons love!
I love your wrokout mix choices as well ;)

:) Aeicha @ Word Spelunking

Sarah@Catching Books said...

new follower :)

Great choices!! I love Metric, Mumford and Sons and Coldplay!!

Happy Friday and check out my follow Friday!!
http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/follow-friday-14.html

Kate Maxwell said...

Your list looks like the one I get from my daughter! I will have to check these guys out!

Thanks for stopping by my featured blog! Returning the follow! :D