Thursday, November 10, 2011

Feature and Follow Friday 11/11

Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read. Head over to one of their websites to find out how you can join in.


This week:

Question: In light of 11.11.11 and Veteran's Day tell us about your favorite soldier and how he or she is saving the world. Fictional or real life.


Answer: I don't have any soldiers in my immediate family, but I -of course- know of so many friends that have their loved ones overseas right now. They do a great, GREAT service for us, and I can't say how much I appreciate that.


As far as fictional soldiers, my first thought was of Steven Erickson's series, The Malazan Book of the Fallen. Holy crap, those are some awesome books!! The series is filled with some crazy soldier characters, and I would have a hard time thinking of all the ones I loved. I'll stick with my top three :-) 1. Fiddler 2. Whiskeyjack 3. Quick Ben and 4. Karsa.


Ok, that was four, but that series is filled with some of the most kick-A, cool characters I have ever read. I think if you've read those books then you probably agree with some of my choices. I'll leave my answer at that :-)


Who is your favorite soldier?

5 comments:

Amber at The Musings of ALMYBNENR said...

I haven't heard of that series, but of course, best wishes to all of those soldiers you know and soldiers everywhere!

Happy Veteran's Day!

Amber
The Musings of ALMYBNENR

The Brunette Librarian said...

I haven't heard of that series, but it sounds great. Thanks for sharing :)

Happy Veteran's Day!

http://brunettelibrarian.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. :)

Here's mine:

http://jaimeliredeslivres.blogspot.com/2011/11/follow-friday-6.html

Lisa Mandina said...

I'm a new follower. Good answer to the question. Hope you'll stop by and check out my blog: http://misclisa.blogspot.com/2011/11/follow-friday-12.html

Emma Michaels said...

Happy follow Friday!!! My blog is hosting two giveaways currently (the one that just started today is for your choice of a Wendy Delsol book! Stork, Frost or The McCloud Home for Wayward Girls!) I would love it if you would stop by and enter! Thank you and TGIF/Happy Veteran's Day!!!

Sincerely,
Emma
The Writers Voice:
http://OurBooksOurVoice.Blogspot.com